Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mixshow Article on www.discjockey.com...

Ten Tips To Getting (And Keeping) A Job As A Radio Mixshow DJ

Last month, my good friend and fellow Phoenix DJ Rob Wegner asked me to speak to a group of students at an accredited DJ course he teaches at Scottsdale Community College here in Arizona.

In preparing for my time there with his students, I dug up an old article that I'd written awhile back for his class, one that dealt with some of the more commonly asked questions I receive about how I got into radio and finding work as a radio mixshow DJ.

The link above is to that article, and it's a pretty good primer for any DJ interested in taking that step up from the dancefloor to the airwaves. Hopefully you'll find some insight, and it's coming from someone whose had a set on the air in one place or another every week for the past 11 years. I'll be more than happy to answer any specific questions myself - please feel free to hit me up here at any time!

Special thanks again to Rob and the folks at Scottsdale Community College for having me in to speak. If you're in the Phoenix area and interested in attending one of the classes there, check out the SCC DJ Classes page here on MySpace (it's in my top friends).

- M

No comments: